Introducing the Terabee Follow-Me system for mobile robots
Discover Terabee Follow-Me
With the button pressed, the system uses trigonometry to calculate distances and headings between the remote and the center point between the two beacons. In the case of a mobile robot, this data can be used by the robots’ navigation system to map a trajectory from itself to the operator.
Using radiofrequency, this relative positioning system enables a number of applications but is primarily intended for follow-me or track-me functions between a human and a mobile platform. We’ve been testing it on an industrial-grade mobile robot and have seen that combining our system with the robot’s navigation and anti-collision systems made follow-me functionalities significantly more reactive, and safer too. And to make robot integration even easier ROS (Robot Operating System) packages are available.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR TERABEE FOLLOW-ME SYSTEM
• Access time to measurements: 20 ms
• Radiofrequency: UWB, Channel 5
• Beacon size: Ø6,6 cm x 6,25 cm
• Input voltage for master beacon: 10-30V (RS485), 5V (USB)
• Remote control: 14.5 x 9 x 3.5 cm
• Interfaces: USB 2.0 and RS485
• Mounting options: external or back panel mounting from inside the mobile platform
• Enclosure rating: IP65
• Price: €450
To be among the first to get your hands on this new solution, please contact us. We’d be happy to add you to the list of clients waiting to receive the Terabee Follow-Me system.