Key product features
- Infrared Time-of-Flight technology
- Select from 1, 2 or 4 pixel modes
- Optimized for indoor measurements - from just 0.03 m to 3.3 m
- Lightweight and small size design - only 9 grams (including backboard)
- Low power consumption - suitable to battery-powered IoT projects
- Select from USB, UART and I2C clip on interchangeable interfaces
- Compatible with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Pixhawk and ROS
- Product design optimized for OEM and easy integration
Applications you can build with Time-of-Flight distance measurement sensor modules
Presence, movement direction detection
Basic gesture recognition
Cliff detection for mobile robotics
Level monitoring (bins, waste, etc.)
Select from 1, 2 or 4 pixel modes - all in 1 sensor module
- 1 pixel mode: made for presence detection, level monitoring and other single-point distance measurement applications
- 2 pixel mode: use 2 zones to perform basic gesture recognition and simple bi-directional movement detection
- 4 pixel mode: a 2x2 pixel configuration makes it easy to detect changes in stock material surface, for instance, using 4 zones
Adapt performance to fit your needs!
In long-range mode, benefit from the maximum detection capabilities up to 3.3 meters, whilst the close-range mode (from 3 cm to 1.35 m) offers a higher update rate, and increased accuracy.
With 3 pixel modes and 2 ranging modes, TeraRanger Evo Mini boosts 6 possible configuration options to adapt quickly and easily to your indoor sensing needs.
Enabling low-cost level sensing with ToF!
The sensors compact and low-cost design supports OEM and design-in projects, while the low power consumption is great for battery powered integrations.
Build your own sensor arrays with easy-to-assemble kits!
Build multi-sensor applications with TeraRanger Evo Mini Array kits. You can choose from kits with either 4 or 8 sensor modules. Each kit comes with a TeraRanger Evo Hub and compatible interface backboards for rapid, plug and play prototyping of custom sensor arrays. The Hub features a crosstalk avoidance system and outputs data via a single UART or USB connector.
Product design optimized for OEM and easy integration
Unlike alternative proximity sensors with open electronics in similar price range, Evo Mini features a robust ABS enclosure for increased protection.
Ready, Set, Code!
- TeraRanger Evo Mini Specification Sheet
- TeraRanger Evo Mini User Manual
- Sensor comparison table
- Product compatibility tables
- Pixhawk compatibility tables
- Pixhawk connection instructions
- Connecting several Evo sensors simultaneously - short instruction
- Guide d'utilisation pour TeraRanger Evo Mini (Français)
- 3Apr 2023
Une introduction à la détection par temps de vol. Partie 2 : Capteurs ToF indirects
- 9Nov 2022
A brief introduction to Time-of-Flight sensing. Part 2 Indirect ToF Sensors
- 8Oct 2020
How gesture control mitigates hygiene hazards for Smart Buildings, kiosks and information panels
- 6Oct 2020
Water level monitoring solution for Blue Planet Ecosystems
- 23Mar 2020
Continuous level sensors for farming silos
- 3Feb 2020
Small, versatile and low-cost distance sensors
- 26Nov 2019
An introduction to building Time-of-Flight sensor arrays for collision avoidance systems in mobile robots
- 9Oct 2019
Sensor modules from Terabee: Time-of-Flight, LIDAR & more